ELECTED SECRETARY-TREASURER OF COUNCIL

R. R. Higgins '22 Chosen to Take Place of Myles P. Baker '22, Who Graduated at Mid-Years--Award Numerals to Last Year's 1924 Crew Substitutes

At the meeting of the Student Council yesterday afternoon, Richard Robertson Higgins '22 of Winchester was elected Secretary-Treasurer to replace Myles P. Baker '22 who received his degree at mid-years.

It was voted to award numerals to the following five members of last year's Freshman crew squad who went to Red Top as substitutes: Horatio, Bigelow '24, Standish Bradford '24, S. N. Brown '24, E. N. Carson '24, and J. D. Jamieson '24. It was also voted to recommend to the Athletic Committee that five Freshman crew substitutes be taken to New London and given their numerals each year. Until last year it was customary to reward only two men in this way.

The Student Council ratified the following appointments for next year's Register Board:

John Roger Flather '23 of Lowell as Business Manager; Joseph Reckford '24 of New York City as Advertising Manager; John McKittrick '24 of St. Louis, Mo as Managing Editor; and Giles Waldo Thomas '24 of Willimantic, Conn., as Assistant Managing Editor.

It was decided that the same necktie should be representative of all minor sports. The tie will be black, crossed at intervals by two red lines separated by a white one.

The Student Council will continue to use its room at the Union in which all records and documents are kept.