TUFTS FIVE FACES UNIVERSITY QUINTET AT 4 THIS AFTERNOON

FITTS AND BLACK RETURN TO CRIMSON LINE-UP

This afternoon at 4 o'clock the Crimson basketball team will meet the Tufts quintet. Because of the afternoon hour, contrary to the practice so far this year, it has been decided to admit all members of the University to the contest free of charge.

Due to the return of both Fitts and Black to the line-up, Coach Wachter will be able to start a much stronger five than was the case against Rhode Island State Tuesday. Yesterday afternoon, however, Captain McLeish was given a rest because of a slight cold, and while he may be unable to play the whole game, in all probability will be in shape again by this afternoon.

Because of the rest afforded the quintet by the holiday on Wednesday, Coach Wachter omitted the usual light practice of the day before a game, and yesterday afternoon sent his first team against the yearling five at the Freshman Athletic Building in a practice contest. Coach Tolbert's men put up one of the best games they have played so far this season and it was only after the stiffest kind of battle that the first team men were able to nose out a 34-27 victory.

The records of the two teams would seem to give the Crimson a slight edge in this afternoon's contest. Tuesday evening Coach Wachter's men downed Rhode Island State by a 44-33 score while several weeks ago the Hill-top quintet also triumphed over the State team by 35-28 count. Against the Massachusetts Aggies, however, the University men won a 33-20 victory while the Tufts five yielded to M. A. C. 26-13.