CRIMSON WILL MEET DETERMINED BLUE SEXTET AT NEW HAVEN ARENA TONIGHT

Increased Power of Yale Team Has Come Through Strengthening of Defence and Improvement in Team-Play

Referees, Sands and MacKinnon. Time, three 15-minute periods.

Tonight at 8.00 o'clock in the New Haven Arena the Crimson, strongly favored to win, will meet the Blue in the second game of the 1922 hockey series. This will be the last contest of the University season unless Yale is the victor in the struggle, in which case a deciding game will be played at the Boston Arena next Saturday, March 4.

Although the University has the odds in tonight's melee, the result of the game is by no means a foregone conclusion. The Elis have improved greatly since their first attempt to win over the Crimson two weeks ago and if Coach Claflin's men do not show far better form than they did in the first contest, a Bulldog victory may be expected. The Yale men have more at stake tonight than the Crimson players. A defeat for the University will not mean the loss of the series for the Crimson; a Yale defeat, however, will mean just this for Coach Wanamaker's men. And this factor alone will add to the strength of the Eli sextet. Another advantage for the Blue men will be the fact that the contest is being played on their home rink. This is smaller than the Boston Arena, is not rounded at the ends, and may make a difference, especially in the first part of the game, in the playing of Coach Claflin's men.

Elis' Team-Play Improved

However, what the Crimson must fear most tonight is the increased power and team-play which the Yale team has developed in the last two weeks. The return of Speiden to the defense has been the greatest single factor in the improvement of the Blue sextet. Speiden is a player very nearly up to the standard of O'Hearn, who was lost to the Elis at the start of the season.

In the forward line also the Crimson will meet stronger opposition than before. Buckley, who scored five out of the six goals in the Blue victory over Cornell last week, has become a real threat. Until a short time before the first contest with the University he had been ineligible. Hence, owing to lack of practice, he did not show up as well as he is capable of doing. The report comes from New Haven that Chisholm, the regular left wing, is sick and will probably be unable to play tonight. His place in this case will be taken probably by Farnsworth.

The Yale record since the first struggle with the Crimson has been a fairly good one. The Elis have defeated Williams 4 to 0 and Cornell 6 to 2. They suffered a slight set-back Wednesday, however, when the St. Nicholas sextet triumphed over them 3 to 1.

In addition to Coach Claflin and Man ager Kennedy the following eleven players will leave for New Haven today on the 1 o'clock train: Angier, Baker, Crosby, Flint, Gratwick, Higgins, Hill. Larocque, Marin, Owen, and Walker.