WORKERS WANTED BY P. B. H.

Men in Active Social Service Work Number 300--Variety of Positions Open to University Men

Through the efforts of the Social Service Committee of the Phillips Brooks House, nearly 300 men of the University are now engaged in active work at settlement houses in or around Boston. The demand for this work is so great, however, that there are now over 200 positions in such institutions that could be filled by men from the University. During the late winter months there is an even greater demand for Social Service workers than at any other time of the year.

The majority of the work offers positions directing boys' clubs either in athletics or along some special line such as debating, dramatics, music, or carpentry. The following are a few specific illustrations, representative of the type of positions that are open at the present time: a dramatic coach for a group of young boys at the Roxbury Neighborhood House; a teacher of English and Civics at the Frances Willard House, Boston, to assist about 20 Italians in taking out naturalization papers; a basketball referee at the Norfolk Neighborhood House in Dorchester; and a wrestling instructor at the Elizabeth Pea-body House in Boston.