CRIMSON SECONDS TO FACE ANDOVER TODAY

University Sextet Weakened by Loss of Captain Burden and Hovey--Schoolboys Have Strong Scoring Machine.

Nine members of the Second University hockey squad will leave for Andover today at 1 o'clock to face the strongest team that has appeared on the Charles-bank rinks this season. The Academy sextet played a brilliant game in every way when they defeated the yearlings on January 23. In that contest the victory resulted from the strong, speedy offensive play of the Andover skaters and from the stellar work of Deignan who tended the Blue cage. Even at that early part of the season the Academy stick-men had developed a well working machine so they should present a formidable threat to the Seconds this afternoon.

The Crimson will be handicapped by the absence of Captain Burden and Hovey, who will be unable to make the trip, and by the fact that the team has had no chance to practice during the recent warm spell. Gardner will take Hovey's position at left wing and should fill in well, while Lee, Leland, and Wilson will all be present as substitutes. The Second's strongest scoring possibility will rest in the work of Pratt and Butman, who have proven a good combination all season, while the responsibility of stopping the Andover attack will fall upon Dole who is to tend the Crimson goal.