WEIGHT EVENT AND TWO-MILE ADDED TO TRIANGULAR PROGRAM

N. E. A. A. U. CHAMPIONSHIPS TO BE RUN AT SAME TIME

Two new events, the 35-pound weight and the two-mile run, have been added to the program for the triangular meet with Dartmouth and Cornell which is to be held in Mechanics Building on the afternoon of Saturday, February 25. These, with the two events which were added last year, the pole-vault and the broad-jump, make thirteen events in all. The others are the dash, hurdles, 300-yard, 600-yard, and 1000-yard runs, mile run, high jump, shot-put, and relay. Following the custom of former years, the N. E. A. A. U. championship races will be held in conjunction with the triangular meet.

It is doubtful whether these events will have any great effect one way or the other as regards the strength of any of the three rival teams. The addition of the two-mile will of course be slightly to the advantage of Cornell, which has a number of fast distance runners, who showed their wares in the cross-country intercollegiates last fall, when they established a record low score. On the other hand the University seems to have the edge in the weight event, with Captain Brown as its leading entry.