CRIMSON RUNNERS OFF FOR NEW YORK GAMES

Weight Men Leave for Intercollegiates This Afternoon With Balance of Squad Following Tomorrow -- 16 Colleges to be Represented

Three members of the University track squad will leave for New York this afternoon to take part in the Intercollegiate meet tomorrow. The three men, Captain J. F. Brown '22, S. B. Andrew '23, and L. K. Marshall '22 will compete in the 35-pound weight throw which comes in the afternoon, while the rest of the squad will not leave Cambridge until tomorrow as their events do not come until evening. Twenty track men and two managers will make the trip.

Sixteen colleges will be represented in this meet which will be held at the Twenty-Second Regiment Armory. This is the first indoor intercollegiate meet to be held since the war, but a motion was passed at a meeting last Saturday of the I. C. A. A. A. A. to make it an annual event. For the first time in many years, there will be a Freshman race in which eight colleges will compete. This will be a medley race, one man running 880 yards, a second 440, a third 220, and a fourth a mile.

The University's strongest entries will be Captain J. F. Brown '22 in the weight throw, C. H. Wansker '23 in the 70-yard dash, J. W. Burke '23 in the mile run, while both R. S. Whitney Jr. '22 and C. R. Hauers '23 should place in the hurdles.