SELECT SPECIAL LECTURERS

The Reverend John Kelman, D.D., to Give Noble Lectures--Have Not Been Held Since 1918

The Reverend John Kelman, D.D., minister of the Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church in New York City, has been selected to give the William Belden Noble lectures at the University this year. His subject will be "Prophets of Yesterday and their Message for Today, the Religious Message of Thomas Carlyle, Matthew Arnold, and Robert Browning". There will be six lectures given in the series, the first three on April 10, 11, and 12, and the second three on April 24, 25, and 26.

The Noble lectures at the University were first given in 1898, and were permanently established by the creation of the William Belden Noble Lectures Fund in 1906. Among the past lecturers have been the late Colonel Theodore Roosevelt '80, Professor George Herbert Palmer '64, Bishop William Boyd Carpenter, Dr. Wilfred T. Grenfell, Hon. '09, and Bishop Charles H. Brent, Hon. '13. The series will be resumed this year after having lapsed since 1918.

The Reverend W. L. Sperry, minister of Central Congregational Church in Boston, is to give the Dudleian lecture on Monday, May 1, in the Quiet Room of the Union. His subject will be "The Present Duties of the Christian Minister". The Dudleian lecture is given annually under the will of Judge Paul Dudley who died in 1750.