RED BOOK MEETING TONIGHT

Candidates for All Departments Will Meet in Smith Halls Common Room at 8 o'Clock--Work Will be Light

Competitions for the four departments of the Freshman Red Book, open to all members of the class, will start this evening at 8 o'clock in the Smith Halls Common Room. No previous experience is necessary, and, as there are 40 positions available, there is an opportunity for every man to compete. At the meeting tonight, the editor-in-chief and the chairmen of the various departments will outline the work to be done, and will announce the times and places of the separate department meetings.

The editorial men, under the direction of J. H. Finley Jr. will do all the literary work, their competition lasting approximately five weeks. The contestants will be judged upon the merits of the articles which they are asked to contribute. In the competition for the business department, under the direction of E. J. Lowry Jr., the work will consist largely of soliciting advertisements and subscriptions, and will continue for seven or eight weeks., Since the Red Book is composed largely of photographs, the competition in the photographic department, under W. B. Pringle Jr., will be the longest, lasting for eight or nine weeks. The Arts and Cuts candidates, with G. S. Howe as chairman, will furnish the Red Book with embellishments and artistic headings, Quality of work will be the deciding factor in this department.

None of the work in any of the departments will be difficult, as the competitions are long enough so that the work can be accomplished without interfering with regular academic duties.