DEBATERS ARGUE WITH YALE AND PRINCETON

Negative to Oppose Tigers in Sanders at 8 o'Clock--Affirmative at New Haven--Prominent Jurists Will Act as Judges in Contest

The University debating team will argue against Princeton in Sanders Theatre tonight at 8 o'clock, upholding the negative of the question: "Resolved, that the United States, in joint action with England, France, and Japan, should recognize the Soviet Government of Russia." At the same time, another team will defend the opposite side of the question against Yale at New Haven.

The following men will argue the negative against Princeton: N. E. Himes '23, who debated against Syracuse last month P. E. Walker '25, a member of the Freshman team last fall, and S. A. Rosenblatt '22, a member of last year's team.

The Princeton team is as follows: J. B. Darby, Alexander Avidan, R. H. Scholl, and C. H. Tuttle, alternate.

The following men will face Yale: P. W. Williams '25, alternate on the team that met Syracuse last month; R. S. Fanning '23, last year winner of the Pasteur medal and the Coolidge Prize; and C. W. Phelps '22, for three years a member of the team.

The Yale team consists of the following men: L. P. Donchian '22, C. R. Keller '22, and S. H. Whedon '24.

The alternates, who prepared the material for the University speakers, and who will assist them in presenting the subject, are: M. P. Lichauco '23, H. W. Hardy '22, winner of the Pasteur Medal last month, and W. B. MacGregor, '22.

The judges of the Sanders argument will be: President Murlin of Boston University, the Honorable Joseph Walker, former speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives, and Mr. George F. Williams, former congressman from Massachusetts. Judge A. P. Stone '93 will preside.