ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR HASTY PUDDING SHOW

Mr. R. W. Sovey Will Design Both Scenery and Costumes--Various Interesting Specialties on Program--Plan Elaborate Lighting Effects

Both the scenery and the costumes for the Hasty Pudding Club Show this year will be designed by Mr. R. W. Sovey, a well-known professional designer of New York who has just returned from Ohio where he has been working on an extravagant masque production. The setting will be an elaborate interior of the country home of a wealthy American business man. In the back there will be French windows, while at the right will be a staircase; an unusual feature in amateur theatricals made possible by the fact that the setting will not be changed for the second act.

Among the specialty numbers will be one in which four members of the female chorus will dance in hoop-skirts and the accompanying dress of the nineteenth century, and a second where another quartet will enact a burlesque on Joseph,, Alger '22 and F. B. Taussig '22 will present a specialty number, a take off on the Duncan sisters of "Tip-Top".

This year every possible device known in the art of stage lighting will be used to produce a highly unusual and colorful effect. In doing this the assistance of Mr. Claude Bragdon o Rochester, H. Y., plays an important part. Mr. Bragdon, who has done a good deal of work for Mr. Walter Hampden, has recently come into special prominence as a result of his work at the church of St. Mark's on the Bowery, where ornamental lighting has been employed successfully to vary with the mood of the service.

As a result of Mr. Bragdon's knowledge of lighting effects, it has been possible to shift the scene in the first act from the business man's home to the interior of an Alaskan bar-room without lowering the curtain. In this new setting a pantomime representing "The Shooting of Dan McGrew will be vividly rendered.