FENCERS TO MEET COLUMBIA

New Yorkers Have Veteran Combination Which Took Championship Last Year--Brewster in Crimson Line-Up

The University foilsmen will cross swords with the veteran Columbia team in their sixth meet of the season this afternoon at 3 o'clock on the main floor of Hemenway Gymnasium.

The New Yorkers, who won the Intercollegiate fencing championship last year, defeated the Penn squad 10-1 recently. The Quakers went down, 9-0, at the hands of the University men. All indications point to this afternoon's meet as the most closely contested of the season.

The Crimson team has been materially strengthened by the return of W. R. Brewster '22, a letter man on last year's squad, who will take part today in his first meet this season. Captain Burke Boyce '22, E. H. Lane '24, and E. L. Lane '24, are entered in the foils, and J. S. Bares and C. J. Shearn in the duelling swords.

The men who will take part for the Blue and White are Captain Bencoe, who took second in the 1921 intercollegiate individual championship; Farley and Bloomer.