'25 TRACK TEAM AT NEW HAVEN

Will Encounter Exceptionally Strong Freshman Team

When the 1925 track team faces the Eli yearlings at New Haven this afternoon, it will encounter one of the strongest Freshman teams in the country, and one of the best seen at New Haven in recent years. The general concensus of opinion concedes the meet to the Blue yearlings, but the Crimson runners will give them a hard battle. Although a majority of first places must be conceded to the Elis, it is probable that the meet will be decided on the seconds and thirds and this gives the Crimson runners a better chance.

The Freshman seem strongest in the hurdles and shot-put, while the Eli power lies in the sprints and quarter-mile. The Blue yearlings also have a star timber-topper in Durant, who has made some impressive times this year. Due to the fact that the principal Crimson strength also lies in these events, both hurdle races promise real thrills.

The Freshman squad will leave for New Haven this morning at 8.30 o'clock accompanied by Coach Tolbert and four managers. They will return to Cambridge tonight.