VETERAN AMHERST NINE TO FACE UNIVERSITY TEAM TODAY AT 3.30

RUSSELL WILL START ON MOUND FOR CIRMSON

With six veterans of the team that defeated the University by the score of 8-0 last year, the Amherst nine will again face the Crimson on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3.30. Although the visitors have lost all their games this year they have shown a steadily increasing opposition to the University players. Handicapped by bad weather in its early season practice the Amherst nine was able to hold the strong Bowdoin aggregation to a 6-5 score. Since then the team has been improving rapidly with the result that Yale had to fight for a 3-1 victory.

Coach Slattery will start Russell on the mound and will place Thayer in Janin's position at left field. Buell is to start the game at second in place of Jenkins, who will also be competing in the track meet. Though the Amherst nine is composed largely of veterans, the visitors have shown a weakness in the pitching staff and it is not yet decided who is to fill the box today. Captain Elliott, whose regular position is in right field, will probably start the game but Perry and Parker are other candidates for the honors. In the Yale contest Leete pitched steady ball allowing but four hits so there is a possibility that he may be used again today.