CRITICS UNANIMOUS IN PRAISE OF UNIVERSITY TRIUMPH OVER YALE

DEVELOPMENT OF GREEN MATERIAL DECLARED REMARKABLE

The accounts of Saturday's meet in the Boston and New York papers how the unanimous praise which the experts, coaches, and former track stars felt was due the University team and its coaches for the victory over Yale.

The New York Tribune made the following comment: "The victory came as a great triumph for Coaches Bingham and Farrell, of Harvard who saw a nondescript combination of the early season develop form enough to win the first Crimson track victory from Yale since 1915."

McCabe in the Boston Herald, after describing Burke' remarkable double victory, analysed the Crimson success as follows: "That typifies the work of the Harvard boys throughout the contest. Just imagine for a moment lads outdoing themselves and you have the Harvard picture in earnest. Fourteen boys won their letters in track yesterday for the first time at Harvard, an example in earnest of the green Harvard team that out battled the Starr strewn Elis. If one counts the "H" men who scored yesterday for the Crimson but five will be found who had tallied in former battles with Yale. Spirit alone, a fighting born of courageous coaching, is the only answer to the Harvard track question".

"Showing such fighting spirit", says Melville E. Webb Jr. in the Boston Globe, "as was demonstrated by fisher's football eleven in the Stadium last fall in the game against Yale, before which the New Haven team was so strongly the favorite, Bingham's Cambridge track and field athletes, keyed to supreme effort and battling to a finish against their New Haven rivals, won yesterday's dual track games on Soldiers Field.

"It was only because of the wonderful ability of every Harvard athlete to deliver his best effort under pressure that the Crimson was able to upset the calculations which, before the contest, were much in favor of the New Haven team."

The Boston Post said: "Last night all Harvard men, graduates and students a like, were paying tribute to Bill Bingham and Eddie Farrell, the Crimson track coaches whose fighting spirit and untiring effort made possible the Harvard triumph. For Yale's star team was defeated by a group of boys whose wonderful development was the result of their own bull-dog tenacity aided by the personality and track technique of their two directors".