IDEAS ONLY

To the majority of men in College Silver Bay means little but a teaspoonful of religious moralizing, sugar-coated with athletics and recreational possibilities of the most pleasing sort. To a few it is a source of great inspiration and really valuable spiritual help, "worth more than a whole year in college".

If a man is firmly settled in his religious faith and has no interest in problems either social or economic. Silver Bay is not the place for him. On the other hand, if a man wants to know what earnestly religious men think and what position is taken by those who have done things, like Mr. Sherwood Eddy and some of the other speakers, Silver Bay offers an opportunity for unreserved and honest discussion.

The plan meets a need that is widely felt and deserves to stand openly upon its platform. It is frankly a religious and spiritual conference in a broad sense, and those who go should be those who are not afraid of coming in contact with that influence.

Silver Bay cannot be too highly recommended as an opportunity to hear able men on-moot questions, and to exchange ideas with students from other universities, as well as with older men. To those who have no ideas or do not specially want them discussed, we recommend Newport or Kalamazoo.