1925 DEFEATED BY GREEN

Dartmouth Freshmen Overpower Yearling Nine by 11-1 Score--Breakdown Comes in Sixth Inning

A breakdown in the sixth inning was responsible for the yearling's 11-1 defeat at the hands of the Dartmouth Freshmen on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon. For five innings the game settled down to a pitcher's battle and only twice did any of the runners get as far as second. Three successive hits by the Green batters in the sixth, followed by a home run by Fox started the scoring. In the last half of the inning the yearlings tried to make up for the lead when Burgess got a homes but it only went for one run as there were no men on. Another four-base hit, a double and two singles were responsible for four more runs.

The line-ups:

Freshmen: Burgess l.f., Vocke 1b., Hammond 2b, Samborski c., Austin r.f., Toulmin 3b., Mann s.s., Hodder c.f., Spalding p., Straw 1b., Hoffman s.s., Chase c.f., Kerr p.

Dartmouth 1925.--Upton s.s., Taylor l.f., Bjorckman c.f., Harris 1b., Graydon r.f., Fox 3b., Stevens 2b., Montgomery c., Edwards p.