COMPARATIVE TIMES SHOW CRIMSON AND BLUE EVEN

Yale Covered Four Mile Course in One Second Slower Time Than Brown's Eight--Light Work-Outs for All Crews Yesterday

Light work-outs were the rule today for both University and Freshman crews in the morning and afternoon. The only feature in the monotony of long paddles was a half mile race between the Freshman and combination eight in which the former won by a length in 2 minutes 22 seconds. The first Yale eight covered the same course a little later in 2 minutes and 20 seconds while the second Eli crew made it in 2 minutes and 24 seconds.

Yale announced last night the time its crew made over the four-mile course on Friday--20 minutes and 55 seconds only one second slower than the time for Brown's eight over the same distance a little earlier in the evening.

Mr. G. S. Munford '87 arrived here today to help in coaching the crews, while in the evening the Yale crews made their annual official visit to Red Top.

Recommended Articles

M. LIGHTS WIN IRAS
The Harvard women's hockey team was not the only national champion team this year. The men's lightweight crew team got
AUTUMN ROWING SEASON OPENS
Fall rowing for University crew candidates commences at Newell Boathouse today at 4 o'clock. All men who come out will
FACT AND RUMOR.
Keep advertises to re-tail shirts. We cannot furnish files of the HERALD to date. The freshman crew now practise in
BUMPING RACES NEXT WEEK
The dormitory races will take place on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, October 29, 30 and 31. The races will be
Radcliffe Excels in First Spring Races
With the season-opening weekend now in the books, the Radcliffe Lightweight and Heavyweight crews both made solid starts to their seasons by displaying strong performances in their races on Saturday and Sunday.
Men's Lightweight Varsity Eight, Second Four Earn Wins at Princeton 3-Mile Chase
Just a week after its triumph at the Head of the Charles, the first varsity eight finished at the top of the pack, edging Yale by just under two seconds. Meanwhile, the second four surprised the competition with a six-second margin win over the Bulldogs’ first four.