WITH VICTORY OVER HOLY CROSS TUFTS MEETS CRIMSON NINE

GAME TO BE CALLED AT 3 O'CLOCK TOMORROW AFTERNOON

The University nine will face a team which has defeated Holy Cross 3-2 when it meets the Tufts aggregation at Medford at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. The Crimson team will be handicapped by the absence of Captain Conlon, but his position at short will be filled by Jenkins, while Buell will play second base. In spite of the coming series with Yale, Coach Slattery has decided to start Goode against the Medford nine; so strength in the box should make up for Conlon's absence.

With only four defeats on her schedule, Tufts accomplished her greatest feat when she downed Holy Cross in a return game last Wednesday. The Medford players gained a two run lead in the first and by errorless playing managed to hold their opponents to single tallies in the second and the sixth. The winning run came in the fifth as a result of two walks and a sacrifice.

Tufts has an exceptionally heavy hitting team, with six men batting well over 300. Loud on second leads the list with an average of 487 while Captain Weefer follows with an average of 439. On the mound, too, the team has a number of exceptional men. Colvin managed to hold the hard-hitting Holy Cross batters to six hits while he walked but two men. It is very doubtful, however, if he will be able to start the game. According to present plans Captain Weefer will be the opening pitcher, while Morrell will be held in reserve.

Tufts' only defeats have been at the hands of West Point, Georgetown, Holy Cross, and Howdoin. The first of these, an 8 to 3 set-back, was the result of a hitting rally which Weefer was unable to check. Georgetown and Holy Cross were losses by the score of 11-3 and 8-2, but Tufts more than made up for the latter defeat in Wednesday's game. Bowdoin managed to nose out the Brown and Blue 12-9--but the Medford team evidently had a bad day. HARVARD  TUFTS Lincoln, 3b.  2b., Loud Gordon, r.f.  c.f., Roche Jenkins, 2b.  p., Weefer Owen, 1b.  c., Keefe Janin, l.f.  s.s., White Buell, 2b.  3b., Roach Hallock, c.f.  1b., Kirshstein Murphy, c.  l.f., Finnegan Goode or Russell, p.  r.f., Terrill