INTERSCHOLASTIC TRACK MEET AT STADIUM TODAY

300 Athletes From 25 Schools to Compete in Second Annual Meet of Massachusetts Athletic Association--Medford High Last Year's Winner

This afternoon at 2 o'clock the second annual track meet of the Massachusetts Athletic Association will take place in the Stadium. The meet is being held under the auspices of the Harvard Athletic Association, which will award a silver cup to the winning school. This trophy, the first leg on which was captured by Medford High School last spring, will become the permanent possession of the school which first wins it five times.

The meet will include ten events; the 75, 100, 200, and 440-yard dashes, the 120 and 220-yard hurdles, the 880-yard run, and three field events, the broad and high-jumps and the 12-pound shot-put. Medals will be awarded the first four place winners in each event. The scoring will be on a basis of five points for first place, three for second, two for third, and one for fourth.

All Classes Can Enter Field Events

No man entered will be permitted to compete in more than one running and one field event. All classes at the schools will be able to enter the field events; in the races, Juniors will be restricted to the 5 and 220-yard dashes; and Intermediates to the 100, 220, and 440-yard races. In addition to these last three events Seniors will run in the half-mile and both hurdles.

Almost 300 athletes from 25 schools will take part in the meet. The institutions entered are as follows: Attleboro High, Beverly High, Brockton High, Cambridge High and Latin, Fairhaven High, Framingham High Gloucester High, Haverhill High, Lawrence High, Lowell High, Lynn Classical School, Lyun English School, Malden High, Marlboro High, Medford High, Melrose High, New Bedford High, Newton High, Quincey High, Rindge Technical School, Salem High, Sharon High, Somerville High, Winthrop High, and Woburn High.