SCIENCE ASSOCIATION TO MEET IN DECEMBER

Organization to Hold Annual Conference in Boston and Cambridge at Invitation of M. I. T. and University--3,000 Expected to Attend

Some three thousand men of science from institutions of learning throughout the country will assemble in Boston and Cambridge from December 26 to 30 of this year, when the American Association for the Advancement of Science holds its annual meeting at the invitation of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University, with other educational institutions about Boston participating as hosts.

The headquarters of the meeting, which will be the 75th in the history of the Association, will be at the M. I. T. buildings in Cambridge, and most of the sessions will be held there. The tentative plans call for certain general sessions to which all members will be invited, and also sessions of all or nearly all of the fifteen sections of the Association, representing various sciences such as physics, astronomy, chemistry, mathematics. These sessions will be for the reading of papers and for scientific discission. A large number of scientific societies are affiliated with the Association and will also hold meetings at that time. The Association has among its members many distinguished college professors, while other members are connected with government departments, museums, and research laboratories.

The local arrangements for the meeting have been placed in charge of a committee of which Professor S. C. Prescott of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is chairman. Other members of the committee include Professors G. H. Parker, W. M. Wheeler, L.L.B. '02, W. J. B. Osterhout, Harlow Shapley, Theodore Liman '97, A. B. Lamb, Ph. D. '04, and E. B. Wilson of the University. The secretary to the committee is A. L. Town-send, instructor in mechanical engineering at M. I. T.