YALE TAKES BASEBALL SERIES IN DECIDING GAME

with doubles and a sacrifice placed Goode in a scoring position. A single by Gordon brought him home and the score was tied. A single by Conlon and a pretty double steal was too much for Wight, the Blue pitcher, so Chittenden went in to relieve him. But he had little success in stopping the onslaught and before the inning closed the Crimson nine had a three-run lead, which it was able to maintain until the eighth when Yale made her final threat.

Elis Powerful in Last Game

But the Crimson could not escape the threat that came in the deciding contest. Two errors in the second paved the way for the Blue's opening run and in the third the Yale batters staged a rally which Goode was unable to stop. O'Hearn got a double, Desibons was walked and Aldrich bunted neatly, filling the bases. At this critical moment Goode forced in a run by walking Warren while Eddy got a clean single scoring two more runs. At this point Russell went to the mound, but the Elis were able to take a run from him on an error and a two-bagger before he could hold them under control.

The University's brightest hopes, came in the third when Gordon pounded out a grounder with men on third and second. But they were cut short when Captain Aldrich made a beautiful stop and cut the runner off at first.

Aldrich's playing featured the conest, not only because he took advantage of every opportunity and several times spoiled the Crimson's chances, but also because it was the last game in which he was to participate.

The summary, first game. Harvard a.b.  r.  b.h.  p.o.  a.  e. Lincoln, 3b.  4  0  0  2  3  0 Cordon, r.f.  5  1  1  3  0  0 Conlon, s.s  3  1  1  1  3  1 Owen, 1b  4  2  1  9  0  0 Jenkins, 2b  2  1  2  3  1  1 Hallock, c.f.  3  0  0  4  0  1 Janin, l.f  3  0  1  2  0  0 Thayer, l.f  1  0  1  0  0  0 Murphy, c.  4  2  2  3  1  0 Goode, p.  4  1  3  0  3  0 Total,  33  8  12  27  11  3 Yale Crane, l.f  5  0  0  2  0  0 O'Hearn lb,  5  1  2  11  0  0 Oed, c.f.  3  1  0  1  0  0 Seymour, c.f.  0  0  0  0  0  0 *Hickey  1  0  1  0  0  0 **Murphy  0  0  0  0  0  0 Aldrich, s.s.  4  2  2  2  1  1 Warren, 3b.  5  1  1  0  1  0 Eddy, r.f.  5  1  3  3  0  0 Kelley, 2b.  4  1  1  1  1  0 Mallory, c.  4  0  1  4  1  0 Wight, p.  2  0  0  0  2  0 Chittenden, p.  1  0  1  0  3  0 Total,  39  7  12  24  9  1