UNION BOAT CLUB WINS FROM CRIMSON IN SQUASH

Defeat Puts University Team in Lowest Position in League--Has Won Nine and Lost Sixteen Games--Team B Defeated by Tennis and Racquet Club

Playing the last league contest of the season Saturday afternoon at the University Squash Racquets Building the University squash team lost to the Union Boat Club, in their fourth annual encounter, three to two. This defeat gives the Crimson players the lowest position in the League, with a percentage of nine won and sixteen lost. The Union Boat Club won the championship for the second consecutive year, with the Harvard Club second, and the B. A. A. third. The loss of A. L. Smith '25 was a severe blow to the University team, since he was their most consistent winner.

The match between C. C. Peabody and W. P. Dixon '25 proved to be a walkover for the former 15-5, 15-8, 15-12. The former national champion was never in danger, leading at all times during all three games and placing his shots with a remarkable accuracy. Peabody played on the defence, giving Dixon many opportunities for kills which the Crimson player could not take, either sending them into the "tell-tale" or giving Peabody himself an opportunity for a kill.

The match on which the outcome of the contest rested was one between Captain E. M. Hinkle '23 and W. F. Howe Jr. Both teams had two matches and the outcome of the afternoon depended on this match., Hinkle, however, was in very bad form, playing his worst squash of the year, and lost 18-16, 15-11, 6-15, 11-18. A. H. Marlowe, one of the mainstays of the Boat Club team, showed the benefit of his long experience in beating F. I. Carpenter '24, 15-16, 18-14, 15-9, 15-13, although the latter was playing an excellent game. Although just recently recovered from an attack of influenza. Carroll Harrington '24 swept Captain C. J. Lennihan Jr. off his feet, winning 11-15, 16-15, 15-5, 15-6. J. J. Glessner, hitting the ball hard and making many remarkable "gets", won from Bartlett Harwood '15 in a five game match 12-15, 18-13, 6-15, 15-12, 15-13.

Team B, also, suffered a defeat Saturday, being beaten three matches to two by the Tennis and Racquet Club at the latter's courts in Boston. R. C. Bostwick '23 lost out to R. D. Sears Jr. in a very long match 11-15, 15-5, 15-17, 15-12, 15-13. E. K. David '24 showed great form in beating J. O. Stubbs 15-11, 15-13, 17-16, while E. M. Upjohn '24 on from G. D. Scott 15-10, 15-4, 11-15, 15-8. Alexander Mackay-Smith '24, laying his first match this season, lost of Gorham Hubbard 15-12, 15-10, 17-18, 15-9. J. H. Finley Jr. '25 showed an improvement, but also lost 15-13, 15-11, 10-15, 13-15, 15-6 to Clater Washburn