35-POUND WEIGHT THROW ACCEPTED BY I. C. A. A. A. A.

Included in Events of Indoor Meet-- Univ. of Southern California May be Admitted to Membership--Would Make Paddock Eligible

The 35-pound weight will be included in the indoor intercollegiate track meet to be held on March 3, it was decided at a recent meeting of the I. C. A. A. A. A. in New York, where C. V. Chandler '23, manager of the Crimson runners, was the University's representative. Of secondary importance was the decision that the broad-jumping pit will be twice as broad, twice as deep, and will contain more dirt and sawdust.

Interest in the future likewise was stimulated by the application of the University of Southern California to membership; for if this were accepted. Charles Paddock, noted sprinter, would be able to compete in the spring meet. Formal action on these applications will not be taken till the annual business meeting of the association on March 3. Other applications included Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute and Hamilton College.

The committee approved the University of Pennsylvania's two-mile relay record of 7 minutes 55 1-5 seconds made last year, and eliminated the Freshman relay as a scoring factor in the competition for the indoor trophy.