1923 CLASS COMMITTEE DEVISES PLAN FOR FUND

Pledge Cards Will be Sent Out Now in First Attempt to Raise $100,000-- Represents Usual Gift to College on Twenty--Fifth Anniversary

The 1923 Class Committee has devised a plan for systematic contribution to the fund of $100,000 which the class gives to the University at the time of its twenty-fifth anniversary. It is the desire of the committee to make this contribution representative of the class as a whole. Pledge cards for a period of five years will be filled out now, after which time other cards will be distributed.

Statistics of previous classes indicate that a large part of the class of 1923 will make no response to the appeal for subscriptions to the funds. To secure an average annual subscription of five dollars from each man, therefore, it is necessary that considerably larger subscriptions than that be made. The committee aims to secure an average of fifty dollars from each member of the class for this five year period or ten dollars a year from each subscriber. To attain this, many men should give more than the desired quota, but those who feel that they cannot reach that amount need not hesitate to subscribe less. The interest on the invested fund will be used to defray the expenses of annual gatherings at Commencement, for reunions and for the printing of the Secretary's reports.