ZARAKOV'S ZIGZAG DASH DEFEATS ANDOVER ELEVEN

ANDOVER'S PASSING GAME FAILS TO PRODUCE SCORE

The Freshman football team successfully opened its season with a 7 to 0 victory over Phillips Academy at Andover Saturday afternoon. The only scoring was done by Zarakov playing left halfback for the Freshmen. He scored a touchdown in the second period after a spectacular 75-yard, run in which he shook off six of the Andover eleven. He also kicked the goal making the final Freshman tally. Later in the same period Zarakov and Miller alternated on seven successive line plunges and gained four first downs and brought the ball 50 yards down the field. Then the half ended with first down and four yards to go for a touchdown.

The 1927 eleven outweighed their opponents and showed power in their consistent gains on line plunges. Coady outpunted the Andover kicker, Randall by five yards and showed speed in getting the kicks off. Andover depended largely on forward passes for their gains, the longest from Randall to Bradley netting 25 yards, and seven of the 18 attempted passes were completed.

The Freshmen made no fumbles throughout the game but were penalized a total of 40 yards.

In the third period the Freshmen re- covered an Andover fumble at mid-field and rushed to the 25-yard line where Zarakov made an attempt at a drop kick that went wide of the goal posts.

The summary follows:

HARVARD 1927  ANDOVERKilgour, Robinson, Dean l.e.  r.e., BrownDaley, Browning, l.t.  r.t., PhillipsSexton, Colby, Lindner, l.g.  r.g., HealyBond, Rosecrans, c.  c., LandersSavory, Hitch, r.g.  l.g., Johnson, Spiel, HotchkorkPlatt, Porter, Hack, r.t.  l.t., BradleyRudman, l.e.  l.e., PriorHamlen, q.b.  q.b., Randall, JonesZarakov, l.h.  r.h., ParisienMiller, r.h.  l.h., Billhardt, HammersleyCoady, f.b.  f.b., Sandberg, Foote, McLeila