GUEVARA MAY SPEAK AT UNION TONIGHT

Placards Will be Posted Throughout University as Soon as Possible Giving Definite Time

Mr. Pedro Guevara, who represents the Philippine ruling party in Washington, will speak this evening or tomorrow evening at the Union. Later i the day placards will be posted in all the important places on the University grounds, stating whether the meeting will be this or tomorrow evening. The uncertainty is caused by the fact that the Union management had not had definite word from Mr. Guevara up to a late hour last night.

Time brings little change in the attitude of the Filipinos toward Governor General Wood, and it is concerning the causes of this attitude that Mr. Guevara will speak. He himself is a leader in the opposition party; in fact, he is second only to Manuel Quezon in the leadership.

In 1919 and again in 1921 he came to this country as a member of an Independence Mission to gain the attention of Congress. He is an ardent advocate of Philippine Independence, and probably he will devote most of his speech to a presentation of the reasons why our oriental, Spanish acquisitions should be absolutely free.

Mr. Guevara Will Arrive This Morning

Mr. Guevara will arrive in Boston this morning and will immediately confer with Mr. Morfield Storey '66, an attorney at law in Boston, who is interested in Philippine independence.

Another address of note now definitely on the Union calendar is that by Major General Allen, who is slated to speak the evening of October 25.