BUSINESS SCHOOL WILL OPEN DOORS IN FEBRUARY

WILL RELIEVE CONGESTION NOW FELT IN FALL

Prospective students in the Graduate School of Business Administration will now be able to enter the school at mid years as well as at the beginning of the academic year in September, according to a recent announcement made from the office of Dean Donham, of the Business School.

This new arrangement has been made chiefly to meet the increasing demand for admission to courses in Business Administration during the past few years. By admitting students only in September, it has been impossible to accomodate all the applicants for admission. In 1922 247 men out of 302 who applied were admitted, and in 1923, only 332 were admitted from 443 applicants.

As a result of two years experimentation without public announcement, arrangements have been completed such that courses of study will be so duplicated that men may instead of entering in September and graduating in June, enter in February, complete the regular work for the degree of Master in Business Administration in the usual two years, and graduate in February of the second year following their entrance.

This arrangement is expected to prove attractive to two classes of students in particular: first, those who have finished the requirements for their A.B. degree in three and one half years and would, therefore, under the more usual business program, lose at least five months before beginning their professional career; second, those who, having graduated in June and gone into business have found their training inadequate for an effective grasp of business conditions.

A great advantage for all students entering at mid years is that such men have during their period of training, two summers in which to obtain specific business experience. During these summer months they may become familiar with much of the routine and practical functions of their chosen branch of industry.