SODALITY WILL BRANCH OUT IN COMING CONCERTS

WILL OPEN SEASON AT COPLEY PLAZA NEXT TUESDAY

The Pierian Sodality orchestra begins its 117th concert season next Tuesday evening, November 6, when it gives a concert at the Shakspere Tercentenary celebration at the Copley Plaza Hotel in Boston.

The program of the organization's concerts will include a departure from those of previous years in that contemporary music will be played as much as, possible, according to an announcement made yesterday by Walter Piston '24, for many years conductor of the Glee Club. He also stated that a particular effort would be made to produce music composed by members of the University. The established classics, especially those of Mozart, Mendelshon, Shubert, and Beethoven, will, however, have a large place on the program of every Sodality concert.

A new change in policy, as to musical numbers is not the only interesting feature of the coming concerts. Soloists, both vocal and instrumental, will take part in the presentation of the program. Not for many years has the Sodality made it a point to have individuals star in its concerts.

This experiment with contemporary music has many advantages. Mr. Piston states that many young composers have written excellent compositions, which for various reasons are unacceptable to the symphony orchestras, or which, not being taken over by the publisher, never reach the smaller orchestras. If one new composer.