N. S. HOWE PICKED FOR SOPHOMORE PRESIDENT

COMPLETE BALLOTING WITHOUT EXTENDING TIME LIMIT

For the first time in several years the Sophomore class elections were completed without any extension of time for balloting. Out of a class of 736, 491 ballots were received by midnight on Tuesday by the 1926 election committee. This vote was 66 per cent of the total class enrollment, or just 50 more than the 60 per cent vote required by the constitutions of the Sophomore class for a valid election.

The newly elected Sophomore class officers are as follows:

President, Nathaniel Saltonstall Howe of New York; Vice-President, Frederick Strong Moseley Jr. of Boston; Secretary-treasurer, Everett Wells Martin of Middleboro; and Student Council member, William Conkling Ladd of Cleveland, Ohio.

The detailed results follow: President N. S. Howe  758 J. J. Maher  873 C. L. Harding Jr.  1195 Total  2826 20 cast out  120 Grand total  2946 Vice-President F. S. Moseley Jr.  692 J. W. Adle  721 Total  1413 20 cast out  60 Grand total  1473 Secretary-Treasurer E. W. Martin  891 F. L. Barton  956 Richard Trimble Jr.  979 Total  2826 20 cast out  120 Grand total  2946 Student Council Member W. E. Ladd  240 W. I. Nichols  157 J. A. Halstead  74 Total  451 20 cast out  20 Grand total  471

To the regular ballot was added a referendum worded as follows:

"The Executive Committee of the Student Council has suggested that Section 10 of Article III of the Constitution of the Sophomore class be annulled due to the fact that in past years it has been difficult to procure the necessary quota. The section in questions reads as follows:

"Any election of class officers shall be declared valid if 60 per cent or more of the members of the class shall have voted."

"Do you approve of the annulment of this section of the Class Constitution?"

On this questions of the class gave an overwhelming negative vote, 239 voting against annulment, and 132 in favor of it. By this vote the 60 per cent requirement will remain in effect for the 1927 Sophomore class elections next year.