COACH WINSOR CALLS HOCKEY CANDIDATES

Freshman Practice Will Not Begin Until Charlesbank Rinks Are Ready--Manager Competition Begins

The 1923-1924 hockey season will get under way at 7.45 tonight with a meeting of all candidates for the University team in the Faculty Room of the Union.

Manager Potter will open the meeting by explaining the arrangements made for conducting practice this year. The first of the full afternoon sessions on the Arena ice will be held Friday, although the goal guards will also have one more work-out behind Hemenway, tomorrow afternoon. Dr. Parmenter, who will serve as the team's doctor this year, will then outline the training requirements. Coach Winsor will be the next speaker, followed by Captain Crosby.

With the first practice not coming until the end of this week, the squad will have barely two weeks of preparation for the opening games, since three are scheduled for before Christmas. The Freshman team, however, which is to be coached by J. H. Dempsey '23, and his assistant, Donald Angler '22, will not hold its opening meeting for at least two weeks. The Freshmen will not be able to start until this later date because practically all of their practice will be carried on at the Charlesbank rinks.

The competition for second assistant manager, open to all Sophomores in good standing, will begin at 1.30 o'clock today with a meeting at the H. A. A.