ONE OF MOHAMMED'S KIN SPEAKS AT LIBERAL CLUB

EXPERIENCED IN JOURNALISM AND DIPLOMACY

Syud Hossain, lineal descendant of Mohammed, and a distinguished publicist of both India and England, will speak at the Liberal Club, 66 Winthrop St., at 1.15 o'clock today on "Eastern and Western Ideals." All members of the University are welcome.

Mr. Hossain belongs to an aristocratic Indian family whose Persian ancestors settled in India in the reign of the Emperor Jehangu. As a journalist, a member of the British civil service, and an orator of international reputation, he has had a personal contact with the foremost men and movements of his time.

Beginning his career in the British civil service, where his father held a high position for a long time, Mr. Hossain later had several years of journalistic experience in England, where he was a frequent contributor to Foreign Affairs, the Contemporary Review and other magazines. He then went to India and became editor-in-chief of the Bombay Independent.

In 1920, the people of India, with the consent of the Viceroy elected him to present India's case at the Near Eastern Peace Settlement. In 1921, he went to the Washington Disarmament Conference, as press representative for India. His broad knowledge, cosmopolitan experience and sympathies, and his compelling eloquence and personality have brought him the reputation of being the foremost authority on the cultural, economic and political relations between the East and the West.