BOXING TITLES SURE TO CHANGE HANDS

William Shevlin, Instructor Here, Will Meet His Brother, Edward Shevlin of Dartmouth, in Exhibition Bout

At 8 o'clock this evening in the Hemenway gymnasium the semi-final and final rounds of the annual University boxing tournament will be held for all of the six classes. Eight men were eliminated in the preliminary bouts on Monday, leaving 22 entries to contest the 16 bouts tonight.

The Athletic Association has announced that all contestants must report this afternoon at 4 o'clock, in the Hemenway gymnasium where final details of the bouts will be settled. Any man who is unable to come at this time is expected to send a representative.

One of the feature bouts of the evening will be on exhibition between Mr. William Shevlin, boxing instructor at the University, and his brother, Mr. Edward Shevlin, instructor at Dartmouth. The exhibition will be held between the semi-finals and the finals.

Four of tonight's entries took part in the tournament last year. R. LeB. Daggett '23, the only defending champion, won the University championship last year and the year before in the 145-pound class. He is entered in the 158-pound class this year and is the favorite over his opponents. D. S. Muzzey Jr. '23 and H. L. Hartley '23. Muzzey did not enter the tournament last year and his ability has never been tested. Hartley, however, will be aided by last year's experience, when he was defeated by the champion, Theodore Strong '22, in a close extra-round fight, and will be Daggett's most dangerous opponent.

All the contestants in the 145-pound class took part in the preliminaries which were held on Monday afternoon, but both G. E. W. Davis 1G.B. and G. M. Ferguson '26 required an extra round for a decision in their bouts.

H. J. Freedman '23 is the favorite in the 135-pound class. He was 125-pound champion in 1921 but did not compete last year. He defeated G. A. McNulty 1L. in the preliminaries.

V. H. Kugell '25 and G. G. Tunell Jr. 1G. in the 125-pound class both took part in the tournament last year. Kugell was defeated in the 115-pound class by the champion, F. X. Collins '22, while Tunell lost to Harry Brenner '23, last year's 125-pound champion.

There are a limited number of tickets for the tournament at $1.00 for sale at the H. A. A. and at Leavitt and Peirce's.

The complete list of entries follows:

115-Pound Class.--G. F. Blair '26, C. S. Forsyth '26, Milton Krook '25, George McGovern '26:

125-Pound Class.--C. S. Forsyth '26, V. H. Kugell '25, J. M. Master '25, G. G. Tunell 1G.

135-Pound Class.--H. J. Freedman '23, W. H. Lewis 1M., C. G. Page '23, Alexander Ulin '23.

145-Pound Class.--G. E. W. Davis 1G.B., G. M. Ferguson '26, A. D. Hoffmar '25, C. G. Page 1L.

158-Pound Class.--R. LeB. Daggett '23, H. L. Hartley '23, D. S. Muzzey '23.

175-Pound and Heavyweight Classes. W. L. Carry 2L., D. H. Courtney '24, W. C. Gilbert 3L.