FRESHMAN COMMITTEES PLAN TO GET UNDER WAY

Business Branch of Red Book Starts Competition Tomorrow--Other Departments Begin Monday

At the first meeting of the Executive Committee of the Freshman class, held yesterday afternoon in Standish E 14. plans for starting the work of the five class committees were discussed informally and it was decided to hold meetings twice a week from now on.

The competition for the chairmanship of the Finance Committee will begin on Monday when all men who have been notified of their appointment to the committee are required to meet and learn the details of the work from C. McG. Wells, chairman ex-officio. The competition will be open only to members of the Finance Committee.

The first committee to start will be the Red Book Committee under the chairmanship of A. W. K. Billings, Editor-in-Chief. All candidates for the Business Department are required to meet tomorrow afternoon at 5.30 o'clock in Gore D 21 where the Business Chairman, D. LeB. Sweeney, will explain the details of the competition. The competition will last about six weeks, at the end of which time ten candidates will be taken on to the board. No previous experience is necessary.

The competitions for the Editorial, Photographic, and Arts and Cuts Committees will begin on Monday with meetings of the candidates in the rooms of the chairmen of the committees.