WORLD COURT TO BE SUBJECT OF DEBATE

Progressive Club Will Support Entrance of United States--Decision to Be Rendered by Vote of All Present

The University Debating Union will hold its fourth meeting tonight at 7 o'clock in Harvard 1, and will take for the subject of its discussion the entrance of the United States into the World Court. The meeting, over which Mr. E. R. Gay '19, Assistant Dean of the College, will preside, will be open to all members of the University, and as in previous debates the decision will be rendered by the vote of all those present.

At tonight's meeting the Progressive Club will support the entrance of the United States into the World Court as suggested by President Harding and Secretary Hughes, and will be represented by F. S. Pollak '23 and P. E. Wilson '23. In opposition to this policy, the Conservative Club will present its case, its spokesmen being A. B. Davis '24 and J. U. Harris '24. Each of the four men will be allowed seven minutes speaking time, and after they have completed their presentation of the case, the subject will be thrown open to general discussion.

In accordance with the plan which was used at the last meeting, there will be three divisions in the seating tonight. At the extreme right of the presiding officer, the members of the Conservative Club will sit, while the Progressive wing will occupy the left. The center section will be reserved for the audience, which will sit on the left or right side of this division according to their Progressive or Conservative tendencies. During the open discussion following the regular speeches, Mr. Gay will alternate between the two sides in recognizing speakers. Anyone wishing to leave during the course of the debate may do so, but it is improbable that the meeting will continue after 8.45 o'clock.

The first debate of the Union was won by the Progressives, who upheld the affirmative in the question of the recognition of Soviet Russia. In the other two meetings, the Conservatives upheld the Jones Ship Subsidy Bill and the policy of France in the Ruhr, gaining the decision in both debates.