ESSAYS, APPLICATIONS AND THESES DUE TODAY

Last Opportunity to Apply for Many Prizes, Fellowships and Scholarships--Prizes Alone Total $835

Today is the last day for turning in essays, dissertations, theses, and applications for many of the various prizes, fellowships, and scholarships offered annually by the University.

Among the four prizes for dissertations due today is the Dante Prize of $100, offered for an essay on a prescribed subject on Dante. A second is the Sargent Prize of $100 for the best metrical translation of the sixteenth ode of the third book of Horace. The last two are the Bennett and Summer Prizes of $100 each for dissertations on American governmental policy and Universal Peace respectively.

There are also three prize essay contests which close today: the Susan Anthony Potter Prizes, one of $100 and one of $50, for essays on Spanish literature: the Helen Choate Bell Prize of $275 for an essay on American literature; and the Jeremy Belknap Prize of $50 for the best French composition written by a first-year student.

Applications for the Sales Prize of $50, awarded especially for proficiency in Spanish composition also fall due today.

This is the final day for applications for the degrees of M.D. or D.M.D. In 1923, and for the degree of Ph.D. in 1923 (except in the Division of Ancient Languages, Modern Languages, the Fine Arts, and History, Government, and Economics).

Applications for the three Bullard Fellowships, the Mosoley Travelling Fellowships, as well as for all the Medical School Scholarships for 1923-24 excepting the Cheever, Haven, and Haven Scholarships, are due today.

These for the Degree with Distinction in History, Government, and Economics, by Undergraduates are due by 5 o'clock this afternoon at Holyoke House.