CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES TO END FENCING SEASON

FORMER TEAM CAPTAINS AMONG CONTESTANTS

The final event of the 1923 fencing season will take place this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon at 2.30 o'clock in the Hemenway gymnasium when the University fencing championships in foils, epees, and sabres, open to all members of the University will be held.

The round robin system of competition will be used, the winners and runners-up in each of the three events receiving gold and silver medals respectively from the H. A. A. It was announced that entries may be made at any time during the day in the fencing room of the Hemenway gymnasium.

Captain E. H. Lane '24. E. L. Lane '24, and Roland Fleer '24 of the University fencing team, and G. S. Sharp '24 and S. S. Kurtz 2G. have entered the foils championship this afternoon. Burke Boyce 1G., captain and foils champion last year, and winner of third place in the national fencing championships in New York last week, S. H. Ordway 2L., 1921 team captain and foils champion, and J. K. Watson '23, and C. J. Shearn Jr. '23 of the 1923 team will be prominent contestants in the epee event, which was won last year by J. S. Barss 1G. Boyce, Watson, and Shearn will also take part in the sabre event which was won last year by S. H. Ordway 2L.