TALENTED EX-STONE CUTTER RECEIVES SACHS FELLOWSHIP

J. A. Coletti Will Study Abroad on Income of $2000

The Sachs Research Fellowship, which carries an income of $2000 annually, has been awarded to J. A. Coletti, an American of Italian descent, it was announced yesterday by the division of Fine Arts in the University.

Coletti started work as a stone cutter for Boston architects. He became an expert in the creation of architectural ornament and worked with John Singer Sargent in connection with the decoration of the rotunda of the Museum of Fine Arts. Later he came to the University and received the degree of A.A. in February, 1924. While here Mr. Coletti designed and produced a number of University medals, among them the Gold Medal shortly to be awarded in the Harvard Advertising Competition founded by Edward W. Bok.

It was on the basis of his record in the Division of Fine Arts at the University, and the promise of his work, that he was awarded the Sachs Fellowship established by Samuel Sachs of New York for the purpose of enabling "scholars of proved ability" to pursue in any part of the world advanced studies in the history, principles or methods of the fine arts.

According to Professor Paul J. Sachs, Associate Director of the Fogg Art Museum, and son of the founder of the fellowship. Mr. Coletti is one of the most promising men who has worked in the Division of Fine Arts in recent years. He will spend a year abroad in the study of historic monuments.