TO DISCUSS DROWNING PERIOD OF CROCODILES

PRESIDENT LOWELL ENTERTAINS CONVENING MEMBERS

Many well-known University scientists are presenting papers at the meetings of the National Academy of Sciences now being held at Pierce Hall. Professor Emeritus E. H. Hall '51, Professor G. P. Baxter '96, and Mr. H. W. Starkweather '15 were all on the program today; and Professor J. L. Coolidge '95, Professor G. H. Parker '87 and Professor H. W. Rand '97 are a few of the other University men who will give papers in the future sessions of the Academy.

Today the papers will be read in Pierce 110, and tomorrow in Boston. This is the 1134th meeting of the Academy.

President Lowell Entertains Scientists

Yesterday afternoon the members of the Academy were the guests of President and Mrs. Lowell at an informal reception. Today there will be a business session at 9.30 o'clock which will not be open to the public, and at 11.15 the reading of papers and their discussion will begin. The afternoon session lasts from 2 o'clock to 4.30.

Discuss Drowning Period of Crocodiles

Aside from the specialized scientific subjects there are to be a number of addresses on matters that will appeal to laymen generally. For instance: "The Age of the Stars," by Edward Congdon; "Drowning Period of Crocodiles," by G. H. Parker; "The Skin Temperature of Men and Women"; and "Some Peculiarities in the Distribution of New England Flies."