OUT UPON THEE, BLOODY SPECTRE

For those who believe there will be a next war and for those who insist there must not, this evening's symposium will be a rare opportunity. The increased destructiveness of war, through the application of science to the business of killing, is ever-present to the popular imagination: yet its present scope and future possibilities are but vaguely realized. Doctor Hall, whose researches have extended into the trenches as well as the laboratory, will explain the scientist's part in any future conflict.

Professor Chafee, who has himself encountered the strength of the firm hand which military necessity imposes upon intellectual freedom, is to talk of the silencing of the iconoclast by war time needs. The chief international agency for preserving peace will receive the tempered praise and clarifying criticism of Professor Hudson's experience.

For every thoughtful student of international affairs this will be a notable opportunity to hear the judicious consideration of these weighty subjects by experts who are recognized everywhere as scholars and men of affairs.