GORE WINNER IN FALL INTERDORMITORY SERIES

GORE ALSO HAS MOST NUMERAL WINNERS THUS FAR

Gore Hall emerged victorious form the fall season of the inter dormitory athletic series which closed last week, defeating Smith and Sandish by a large margin. The final score was: Gore, 40; Smith 28; and Standish, 22.

The Freshman inter dormitory competitions are three in number, one coming in the fall, another in the winter, and a third in the spring. The names of the winners in each of the three yearly competitions are engraved on the shields which are hung in the common rooms of the three Freshman dormitories.

Contest Began in 1919

The contests have been held yearly since 1919, so that this is the sixth annual series. In the fifteen seasonal contests which have been held since then Smith has won six times, Standish five, and Gore has been the victor only four times if the present victory is not counted. Gore has won the fall series three times out of five.

This fall the series embraced five sports; rowing, cross-country running, sculling, football, and tennis. In addition points are given to the various dormitories for having representatives on the different regular Freshman athletic teams. The final standing of the three dormitories in the competition which recently closed was as follows: Point Standing   Gore  Smith  Standish Rowing  11  9  7 Cross Country  5  1  3 Sculling  5  1  3 Football  5  3  1 Numerals  5  3  1 Tennis  9  11  7   -  -  - Total  40  28  22