FRESHMAN WINTER SPORTS BEGIN ON NOVEMBER 17

Required Fall Athletics End Officially on That Date--1928 Men Expected to Choose From Sports Now Available

On or before November 17 Freshmen will be required to report at Wadsworth House to indicate their choice of a winter sport. On this date all Fall athletics for Freshmen will be discontinued. This is the substance of an announcement made yesterday by the Department of Physical Education.

Mr. W. H. Geer, Director of Physical Education, announced the list of sports which could be chosen to fulfill Freshman physical requirements. These include boxing, wrestling, basketball, fencing, and squash.

The classes in boxing will be held in Hemenway gymnasium at 2, 3, 4, and 5 o'clock on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. These will be under the general direction of Mr. William Shevlin. Wrestling classes will be held at the same time under the supervision of Mr. William Lewis.

Candidates for the Freshman basketball team will be called out also on November 17. They will practice every day in the week in the Freshman gymnasium. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, practice will be from 5 to 6 o'clock while on Tuesdays and Thursdays it will be from 3 to 5 o'clock. Dormitory basketball will hold its practice on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 2, 3, and 4 o'clock.