CRIMSON SIX MEETS BOSTON HOCKEY CLUB

Austin, Hodder, and Beals Will Present Formidable Forward Line--Cumings Slated for Goal

The University hockey team will receive its most severe test of the present season when it meets the Boston Hockey Club sextet this evening in the Arena at 8.15 o'clock. The Boston Hockey Club is one of the four sextets in the Eastern Division of the U. S. Amateur Hockey Association league.

Coach Bigelow will start the same line-up tonight which opposed Boston University at the opening whistle last Tuesday. In that game the Crimson skaters gave ample evidence of their power in a game marred by exceptional roughness. Tonight a much superior brand of hockey will be on display, and the speed and passing of the University stickmen will be given an opportunity to show to advantage.

The forward line of Austin, Hodder, and Beals is one of the best to represent the University in recent years. All three are clever with the stick, and Beals is exceptionally fast. Austin has a hard left shot, and thus far leads the University scorers with six goals to his credit.

Cumings and Thayer Fight for Goal

The fight for goal seems to have narrowed down to a battle between the two Junior candidates, Thayer Cumings and J. L. Newell. In the Boston University game, Cumings played the first and third periods, with Newell guarding the cage during the second session. Both will probably see service tonight.

W. P. Ellison '27, and L. O. Pratt '26 continue to hold forth at the defense positions, where they have been acquitting themselves creditably. Ellison displayed considerable ability in carrying the puck against the B. U. sextet, and Pratt was the defensive star.

Hammond Reports at Last

J. W. Hammond '25, who earned his letter at defense last year, reported for his first workout yesterday afternoon. He will not play against the Hockey Club tonight.

Willard Howard '27, who had been on the injured list for a week prior to the B. U. game, returned to practice Wednesday, and has been working out with the second forward combination since that time. Howard displaces J. B. Durant '27 in this line, which has N. S. Howe '26 and E. H. Bailey '27 at wings.

George Owen, captain of the 1922 and 1923 Crimson hockey teams, will make his first appearance of the year tonight at left defense for the Hockey Club. Owen was the mainstay of the Hockey Club defense last year, and was a unanimous choice for membership on the U. S. Olympic team. He was prevented from going to Chaminoix by pressure of business activities.

This is the first chance which the public will have this winter to see George Owen in action, and the last till late in the season when he will make his only other appearance in the game between Harvard and Dartmouth Alumni