ARTHUR ADAMS '99 WILL MARSHAL ALUMNI IN JUNE

Secretary of Class of 1899 Chosen to Lead Graduate Procession at Commencement--Director of N. E. Trust

Mr. Arthur Adams '99 of Boston and Dover, permanent secretary of his class, has been chosen chief marshal of the alumni for this year's Commencement in June.

He was elected by the directors of the Alumni Association, upon nomination by his classmates of '99, in accordance with the usual custom of having the chief marshal selected each year from the class which will celebrate at Commencement the 25th anniversary of its graduation from college.

Mr. Adams has been secretary of his class ever since graduation. He was a vice-president, and is now a director, of the New England Trust Company in Boston. While not now actively engaged in business, he is a director, also, of the Hamilton Manufacturing Company, the Martin Manufacturing Company, and the Children's Aid Association, president of the Farm and Trade School, treasurer of the Sailor's Snug Harbor, and other charitable organizations. In recent years he has given the larger part of his time to social service work.

At the beginning of the War he was commissioned an ensign in the Massachusetts Naval Militia. During the first few months after the United States entered the War he was on the U. S. S. Nebraska; then he was transferred in succession to the Kwaswind, a converted yacht which cruised along the coast and in the West Indies.

Mr. Adams has been very active in Harvard affairs, serving as vice-president of the Associated Harvard Clubs of New England in 1921-22, and being now a member of the Council of the Harvard Graduates' Magazine Association.