Exchange Professor From Princeton Praises Critical Skill and Technical Ability of Students at Harvard

That the exchange professor system has the decided effect of promoting close friendship between the universities involved was indicated when Professor C. R. Morey of Princeton, who has spent the first half-year in the University lecturing in Fine Arts, declared to a CRIMSON reporter his "marked reluctance to leave Harvard." Professor Morey is returning to Princeton this morning.

Admiration for University teaching methods, facilities, and students was the keynote of Professor Morey's comments. "My observation of Harvard students," he stated, "is of course limited to those who take the courses in the history of art. These I have found to have a very interesting and rather exceptional approach to the subject, in that they are more critical of style, and better acquainted with the technical problems involved than are our students at Princeton, who are more apt to take the historical view. Some of the students in my courses here have seemed to me to possess an independence and precision of criticism that approaches mature connoisseurship.

"If I were to venture criticism of the undergraduate mind as I have known it at Harvard, it would be only to repeat the customary European verdict on American students, that they are somewhat lacking in historical perspective. This is a thing that doubtless will develop as the effect of the tutor and the general examination becomes more evident; it is at present difficult to achieve in a curriculum so widely specialized as that of the Division of Fine Arts, but it is the important thing for the American student to get from his education, because it is so badly needed in American life."