FRESHMAN BASEBALL TO GET UNDER WAY TONIGHT

WANT PROBATIONERS TO STUDY FIRST, PRACTICE LATER

Freshman baseball candidates will report for the first time this evening at 7.15 in the Smith Halls Common Room. There will be a brief meeting, addressed by Coach Claude B. Davidson, Captain Percy Jenkins '24, and Thomas J. Campbell '12, general supervisor of baseball.

The management has made an urgent request that all men who intend to try for the Freshman team this spring report tonight, regardless of whether or not they are now engaged in any other sport. The primary object of the meeting is to explain the plans for the season and to get the names of prospective candidates, who will be asked to sign cards giving their position, experience, and so forth.

Coach Davidson will outline the season's program and announce when practice for infielders and outfielders will begin. It is probable that cage work will not commence immediately. Mr. Campbell and Captain Jenkins will make remarks of a more general nature.

It is reported that probation has taken a heavy toll among Freshman baseball players, several men with good preparatory school records having dropped below the "3 C's and a D" standard at mid-years. The coaches agree that the first duty of all these men is to study for the April examinations rather than take part in the indoor baseball work.