FIGHTING CRIMSON TEAM MEETS YALE

Play Has Improved Steadily Since Eli Encounter Here--Gordon, Rudofsky, Black in Last Basketball Game

Encouraged by telling victories over Dartmouth and St. Francis in its last two starts, the Crimson five faces Yale at New Haven tonight, not the forlorn hope that it looked to be two weeks ago, but a fighting team with more than a fighting chance to win.

Blessed with scarcely average material, Coach Wachter has developed a combination worthy of battling the best in the East. In the account with Intercollegiate League teams the debit side of the ledger looms large, to be sure, but last week's 38 to 16 victory over Dartmouth dims, if it does not erase, the record of earlier defeats. In that contest the five Harvard players were merged into a unit, a team which paraded for the benefit of the Hanover visitors all the teamwork and finesse that it has learned in a season's drilling.

Crimson Has Won 11, Lost 7 Games

As it played against the Green, Harvard was practically unbeatable. If it shows the same form tonight, the Crimson five should be able to cope with the best that Yale can offer. A victory over the Blue on their home court would make the Harvard season a success, despite the rather unimpressive preliminary record of 11 wins and 7 losses.

The Harvard team will present its strongest front tonight. Samborski, who sprained his ankle at Worcester ten days ago, will not be in the line-up. His absence from the line-up Wednesday gave Black a chance to gain the rating of a regular, and the latter made the most of his opportunity Samborski is certain to be called on to bear some part in the defense before the game is finished. H. R. Jones '26, last year's Freshman captain, who has been ineligible for the entire season, has made good his scholastic deficiencies, and be is accompanying the team as a substitute for ward. His showing has surpassed his best work of last year, and in all probability he will be the first reserve forward called upon.

Three Men in Last Basketball Game.

Captain Gordon, Rudofsky, and Black will be playing their last game for Harvard. At his best the Crimson leader has no superior. For three years his sensational shooting, dribbling and passing have made his team's offense ever dangerous. If he can lead his mates to a victory over Yale he will be rounding out a most creditable basketball career. Superlatives, too, are the only words that come to the mind in describing Rudofsky. His equal as a standing guard has not been seen at Hemenway this year.

Sophomores Have Shown Up Well

The steady improvement of the two Sophomores, Smith and Rauh, has strengthened the team inestimably. The former has been consistently steady and dependable with flashes of unusual brilliance. The latter showed what he is capable of when he convincingly out-played Edwards of Dartmouth supposedly the League's best, last week.

Yale a sad disappointment in the Intercollegiate League, is eager to get what solace it can for an unsatisfactory season by triumphing on Harvard for a second by triumphing on Harvard for a second time, and the Blue five considers itself quite capable of carrying for a second time and Blue five considers itself quite capable of carrying out the trampling policy which Yale teams for the past year have threatened to make a habit.

Pite is Yale's Star Performer

The Eli hopes rest largely on Pite the forward whose long range of pot shots spelled disaster for the Crimson in the Cambridge contest. He is either a great asset or a great liability. His presence in the line-up destroys teamwork, for he shoots every time be gets the ball regardless of his teammates positions. He is the possessor, however, of an uncanny eye, and he has caged his long-distance goals consistently enough to prove that his showing against Harvard was not a lucky flash.

Suiaman will held the other forward position, with Luman at center and Captain Haas and Giblin at guards. Sieens of All American football fame has been used very frequently as a substitute of late. He may very well be given an opportunity to duplicate his gridiron achievements this evening