REPORTED SALE OF NOLEN'S IS DENIED BY INSTRUCTOR

Says Present Teachers Have Made Bid but That It Has Been Rejected

Questioned by a CRIMSON reporter regarding the reported sale of Nolen's, an instructor who requested that his name be withheld from publication denied that the famous tutoring school had changed hands. "There have been so many rumors regarding the proposed disposition of the school, that it might be well to state the case correctly in the CRIMSON since no Boston paper has printed an accurate account."

"In Mr. Nolen's will, he stipulated that the school should be offered for sale to the present instructors. The value that he placed upon it was outside of all proportions we were willing topay, for we maintain that the only assets in the school are books and furniture, and that the good-will the legatec seeks to capitalize is something we instructors have shared with Mr. Nolen in founding. "We have offered a sum we consider commensurate with the value of the tangible assets, but it has been rejected.

"Regarding the leasing of Manter Hall, a group of instructors have done this, and as the present tenant will evacuate this week, the building will be equipped and ready for immediate occupancy should occasion warrant it. If the school is sold to the teachers, it boes on under the same name; if it is sold to somebody else the teachers don't go with it."

The present "offices of William W. Nolen will be vacated in July and taken over by the college authorities who in tend to renovate it into a dormitory where men in the University will be quartered. This work is expected to be completed in September."