PUDDING SHOW IS FULL OF MYSTERY

Abbott, Harris, and Pearson Authors of Music--Abbott, White, and Henry Produce Lyrics

This year's Hasty Pudding show is to be an unusual mystery play. So strange is the plot that the management refuses to divulge more than a few details about the intricate surprises of the story. They have announced that the composers of the music are L. J. Abbott '24, M. H. Harris '24 and Theodore Pearson '25, and that the authors of the lyrics are L. J. Abbott '24, W. L. White '24 and B. McK. Henry '24, but very little more has been released for fear of spoiling the effect when the play is at last performed.

Authors Look Far For Material

It has, however, been learned that the authors of the book, Joe deGanahl '25 and W. L. White '24, have wandered from Broadway to the British Museum in search of material. Janet, the heroine of the play, is said to be the product of diligent study on the part of the co-authors in the character of the modern actress. The British Museum, on the other hand, has yielded the secrets of the unusual life and tragic death of Don John, Spanish Viceroy of California about 1640. The main plot, which incidentally contains numerous other plots, is the result of the meeting between these two. The complications become so frequent that the title, "Who's Who," is said to be a confession of the inability of the authors themselves to unravel the plot.

Intensive Work Begins Soon

B. S. Cogan '23 has been training the chorus during Coach Silvers' recent absence and J. W. D. Seymour '17 has been training the principal members of the cast. Coach Silvers is expected to return on Saturday and he will take active charge of rehearsals on Sunday morning. With only a little over a fortnight before the first performance, intensive training will be necessary for the whole cast.

The first performance will be only for graduates on April 9. On the following night will come the first undergraduate performance. The management has announced that mail-orders may be sent to G. B. Baker Jr., Hasty Pudding Club, before April 2.