REPUBLICAN CLUBS FLOURISH

Thousands of Students, in More Than 100 Colleges Organize

Actuated by the desire to become better acquainted with leading political issues and Republican party principles, many thousands of college students throughout the country are enrolling in college Republican clubs organized under the College Bureau of the Republican National Committee, according to a recent announcement from Washington, D. C.

Both undergraduates and alumni are joining in the movement, now under way at over a 100 colleges, to encourage a deeper interest in the nation's political problems. At Ohio State University the Republican Club has a membership of 2300. Purdue--University has a Republican club with 600 members, and clubs at other colleges report similarly large enrollments, Nineteen hundred are reported to be enrolled in the club at Harvard.

Much of the indifferent attitude of the average student towards national affairs has been due to a lack of practical instruction in vital issues of the day, according to Director John Hamlin of the College Bureau. These clubs, providing as they do constructive programs devoted to current political questions and nationally-known speakers to discuss them before the student body, are receiving serious affection and hearty support from college men and women.